Friday, February 04, 2005

Weaving in Public II

Charleen said it recently:

loom

A newly warped loom is all about potential.

I warped the small loom yesterday for a demonstration at the Sacramento Weavers Guild's annual Open House this weekend. It is a two day event, I will be there all day Sunday. There are the usual exhibits of members' work, and demonstrations.

I'm taking a chance this time and planning to work without a plan (oxymoron?). I usually have more than a sketch to go by, and often have a square-by-square pattern to follow. But like Lisa, in her post on Scarimekko Revisited, I'm going to wing it. I'll take one of the sketches from my sketch book, and a bundle of colorful silk, and weave away.

The mitigating factor is that I rarely get very much done during a demo anyway, so if it is really terrible, I'll call it a sample and start over later (always have an out).

Wish me luck!

1 Comments:

Blogger claudia said...

Judging from the glimpses of your sketchbook, I'm betting it will be great.

You mean, I was supposedly to have a plan? Poor fishies. Too late for them.

8:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home