Thursday, July 21, 2005

Who's in Charge Here?

Some projects are just demanding. Despite other commitments, they seem to have a life of their own, craving the spotlight, attention and time. I cannot seem to stop working on this:

silk pile 2005

(whoa, that orange looks really bright on my monitor; it is a bit Cheese-its(TM), not so Halloween). Anyway, I think you can see the direction it's going. This is silk pile, and Franklin tells the tale. If you click on the photo, you can see it close up.

Then there are *other* demands:

kitty7

This is our feral cat: we call her kitty (yes, very unclever), caught in a rare moment of quiet. Despite the heat, she is truly a loudmouth: whenever I come up from or go down to the studio, she's there yowling, as if I don't feed her. We have whole conversations. I wish I knew what we said. She definitely rules the roost, as I feed her twice a day, on command.

Tough life, eh?. (We have, in our defense, provided her with a rug to sleep on. This is the *hot weather* pose).

I will soon take myself in hand, and get things done that are past deadlines, or for deadlines fast approaching. Until then, I just respond to demands, the handmaiden, of sorts.

8 Comments:

Blogger Charleen said...

Can anyone make a demand?

11:42 AM  
Blogger Sara said...

oh, yes, Charleen. Anyone can make a demand. Whether anyone will *respond* to a demand, well, that's another matter.

11:58 AM  
Blogger mira said...

I am in awe of your weaving talents. The new piece is looking very amazing and the last one is just gorgeous!!!

On a side note Kitty looks very sweet and is obviously NOT starving to death. Perhaps you should change her name to K.P. for Kitty Princess since it's clear you treat her like one :-) .

5:51 PM  
Blogger Christopher Trottier said...

That cat is so unbelievably cute.

6:51 PM  
Blogger Spindlers2 said...

You have to realise that being allowed to be a handmaiden to A Cat is a very great honour. BTW, the owl left on Tuesday.

3:08 AM  
Blogger claudia said...

That indeed is a lovely new knotted pile. Could you turn into a diva and tell the deadline-hunters to screw? Just sayin'.

2:20 PM  
Blogger Amy K said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9:13 AM  
Blogger Amy K said...

OK, I'll get this blogging down soon without inadvertently deleting my comments. After visiting with you at CNCH and trying for months, my computer security system has finally allowed me access to your blog. (I'm sorry, I can't let you do that Dave.) Huzzah! Read back through all your archives and am now totally hooked on seeing what's next. I'm pretty sure there's a law that says you can't go more than 2 days, 3 max, without a posting. BTW, if you're still interested in why you have salamanders so far from a water source, I recommend Swanpwalker's Journal: A Wetlands Year by David Carroll.

9:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home