Monday, April 24, 2006

Blue Monday

Valerie was right in her comments last post: dyeing was inevitable.

Box of wool, dyed and ready to be sent off to Morro Fleece Works to be blending into roving:

blue wool

an antidote to the white silk weaving. Also, ongoing Fir Cone shawl (from Folk Shawls):

fir cone progress

Not very picturesque, eh? But those mountains and valleys are indicative of the completed center panel, as I now work around the border patterns.

All this under the stern eye of Commander Mojo:

mojo commander

who is getting used to his surroundings, and is training his captors to do his every bidding.

5 Comments:

Blogger Charleen said...

Mojo's eyes are a perfect match for your Fir Cone shawl! Or is that just a reflection?

2:47 PM  
Blogger Marie said...

Shouldn't that be "Major" Mojo?
I can't wait to see the completed shawl. Is it for you or for me?

6:41 AM  
Blogger claudia said...

A cat is a very useful blogging tool.

7:07 AM  
Blogger Birdsong said...

I love the blue color! Looked before I leapt and joined Dye-O-Rama, so I better comb through your archives - I have only dyed with plants in ALL these years and am so impressed with your fearlessness (shawl is not bad either, though).

11:46 AM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

Sara - speaking of dyeing - I remember from the class last year you suggested that we bring our dyepot up beyond X degrees F and then let it cool back down to X degrees F because it would strike on at that temp both times. I can't find my notes... How hot? Thanks

1:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home