Monday, November 21, 2005

It's Good to be Green

I had some leftover dyestock mixed up, which happened to be green. So I plotted using it up.

It was teal green, and I was dyeing rug yarn, and teal just did not seem to be needed. So I kept adding yellow, in varying amounts, not measured (known in some circles as *dump dyeing*) and here are the resulting skeins:

hat yarn

At the end, I did an exhaust bath on a light grey skein, at the far right.

Then, after much green, I decided to go for browns, by adding scarlet and yellow, for the dye run here:

hat yarn1

The exhaust skein is the pale peach, this time over white yarn.

I did a couple of plain scarlet and yellow, thinking they'd make nice spots of bright color:

hat yarn2

I already have some blue yarns, and some golds and reds, and some will be left white and light grey. All of these are intended for knotting, in a current bag project (pictures later this week) and for hats. Multiple hats. I'm stocking up (ha ha. Actually knotted hats, like this post).

Dyeing. Too much fun.

4 Comments:

Blogger Baycolonyfarm said...

I love the browns and the peach, but especially the peach skein! :)

10:51 AM  
Blogger claudia said...

I am terribly biased against teal. The law firm at which I worked/was imprisoned for a number of years had teal carpet and paint everywhere. Oh the memories.

7:37 PM  
Blogger Wendy said...

I love all the possibilities with dyeing and the nedless varieties. You have some beautiful rich colors there.

I especially love the greens.

8:16 PM  
Blogger yarnahoy said...

What lovely rich colors. I've always wanted to use natural dyes. I lived close to a place in India where they used natural dyes to dye yarn meant for handlooms. This is fascinating!

1:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home