Tuesday, March 27, 2007

The Cat Post

You have been warned.

My husband says I am obsessed with this cat:

mojo lap

It is spring here (despite last night's snows), and small vermin abound outside. The keyword there is outside. Mojo does not get the concept:

mojo mouse2

The really fun thing to do is to let the current victim go, under the couch:

mojo mouse

See how small that space is between the couch and the floor? I think it makes the game into *cat TV*:

mojo mouse3

It reminds me of those old cartoons, where the Big Cat Face appears in the mouse hole. In this case, the mouse, or vole, bird, lizard or snake, whatever is the current treat, seems to flee to the other end of the couch, causing the Evil Cat to scurry around, back and forth, in the chase.

The fate of this particular beast? The vacuum cleaner I'm afraid. Otherwise we have corpus delecti under the couch. So the vacuum sucks them up and we deposit them outside, sometimes still quite alive, sometimes much the worse for wear(where do all those lizard tails go??). This little victim was the third one that day. Perhaps Mojo is just helping me get to the vacuuming?

I'm putting this current cat-obsession to good use though:

cat shawl sample

I have been spinning up some grey (cat-colored) yarn, and designing a cat-based four-square shawl. Inspiration can come from anywhere.

Mojo, however, does not appreciate evening knitting:

Mojo evening

It forces him to sleep on the arm of the couch, not the lap.

10 Comments:

Blogger Spindlers2 said...

There is nothing whatever wrong with being cat-obsessed, especially where Mojo is concerned.

As for the vacuum cleaner thing - recently, our daily paper reported the case of a hamster that fell into some sort of sealed pipe and was eventually rescued by the RSPCA or similar by dint of using a suction device with a very gently suck to lift it out.

Apparently true!

10:46 AM  
Blogger Spindlers2 said...

That should be "gentle" of course.....

10:47 AM  
Blogger claudia said...

Mojo has some mad skillz. Owned by a cat, are we?

;-)

12:26 PM  
Blogger Sharon said...

Yeah, Charlie doesn't like evening knitting either and for the same reason. I think that's why he became Ian's cat. Ian doesn't knit and his lap is free.

2:53 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

What a gorgeous cat! Of course you're obsessed! My cat Lulu prefers knitting projects to beading projects since she can sit on my lap while I'm knitting, but not while I'm beading. She tries to sit on my lap while I'm spinning, but gets upset after a while--or rather seasick.
Amy

3:15 PM  
Blogger Marie said...

Hysterical! Great pictures and story.

3:55 PM  
Blogger Marcy said...

Handsome fellow, that Mojo. Years ago I had a prolific hunter who brought all her little friends home. I kept a prey log one summer and kept track of what she brought home by species and deadness. I was never sure whether the decomposed bat counted. So I gave it its own category.

Try it. You'll be amazed at how fast they add up. And each and every one a gift to be shared with his people.

4:53 PM  
Blogger woolydaisy said...

hey sara-you should put that on u-tube. is it on video? by the way-do you have a bagged or bagless vaccuum?

5:36 PM  
Blogger Birdsong said...

Delightful post and kitty! No wonder you are inspired, such beautiful grey fur.

7:16 PM  
Blogger historicstitcher said...

Love the kitty pics! Your Mojo looks an awful lot like my Isis - only she's terrified of small critters! Each time my huner brings home prey, he tries to give it to her and she runs away.

Wish I'd thought of the vacuum cleaner trick, though. I've picked up far too many warm dead things. But I threw out the live one he brought into my bed! Had to be re-caught later.

7:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home