Thursday, December 10, 2015

I See Spots

When this skein was purchased, it was cleverly twisted to conceal these un-dyed spots.

::insert big sigh here::

Before overdye

Luckily, I am a dyer, and can remedy this with a trip through the dyebath. The color will be a bit darker on most of the skein, but these white spots will have some color too. I don't mind variation in color, gradations or color washes make nice fabrics. But white? come on. Be better to your customers. Fix these spots, paint or overdye. And if, in the final skein, there is a white spot: twist the skein so it shows, let the buyer be aware.

I am dyeing anyway today:

Bonnie's cashmere

Lots of cashmere yarn for a joint project with my friend Bonnie!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is so frustrating! I expect surprises if I buy 'mill ends' but not when I'm paying full price :(
On a positive note, as long as there isn't a deadline, sometimes the most pleasing results come from fixing these problems. I'm confident you will weave something wonderful :)

9:29 AM  
Blogger Freyalyn said...

That's sneaky. I'd like to think that if white spots sneak through on my dyeing, the packaging would show them. Surprising colour for you....

2:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home