Thursday, April 14, 2005

This Week's Haul

See? Even green (at the back there, behind the orange and gold).

dyed silk4

More green, and purples, are in order. I got out the whole lot so I could take stock:
dyed silk2

30 lumps of silk. I need about 30 more. The class will use 45 total, but I like to have enough so everyone gets a real choice, not *what's left*. Everyone gets 3 colors, and some natural silks.

The tally is 14 reds/oranges, 11 blues, 3 golds, and 2 greens. I have a red on the rack drying and another red in the dyepot cooling. Reds win, hmmm. Greens, browns, golds, Fall colors are what's needed. Plus a few purples, and the jewel brights.

Thank you all for your great comments on the silk shirt. Yes, Colleen, the fabric is cut and sewn. The pattern is easy though, all straight cuts. Laura, the pattern is in Interweave Press' Design Collection #13, Simple Tops. It's a T-shirt kind of shirt, I wear them for everyday (that is, around town, on planes, in public. My *real* everyday clothes are not to be revealed). It would look nice in greens Freyalynn, and it is plain weave, so it shouldn't take you 30 years to get there. In fact, knowing you, it will be done by next week, in fabulous colors, in handspun tencel, or something else equally remarkable! Claudia wants a model shot? Sure, soon. When I figure out the timer thing on the camera (hah!).

5 Comments:

Blogger claudia said...

Where is this class? Those are some tempting goodies you are showing us.

9:12 AM  
Blogger Charleen said...

Thirty shades of green ought to do it! You could always do twice as much and ship them to me.

2:25 PM  
Blogger Marcy said...

It's not really a class, Claudia. She's going to send one of those beeyoutiful balls of silk to each of her faithful blog readers. I'd like some of the darkdark red, please, hless.

8:22 AM  
Blogger Freyalyn said...

You need lots of *real* greens - you know, those really rich, deep colours like forests and deep water. I'm inspired - now, when I've finished those illustrations, and the article, and the teacosies, more illustrations, and workshop prep. Wish I didn't need to sleep.

2:40 AM  
Blogger Freyalyn said...

Yesterday afternoon I dug out my tencel/merino blends and spun some. I've got green and purple. Not that I haven't got other things I need to do....

1:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home