Monday, December 19, 2005

Into the Red

OK, so I knit. I've knit for over thirty years. I have drawers full of sweaters, vests, and I've even given away handspun sweaters to make room for more.

But it's not my primary obsession. It's a diversion. I usually have something going on the needles, for evenings, travel, downtime, yadda yadda.

But often when I see someone else's lovely knitting, my mind is thinking *how can I weave that?* Like Claudia's lovely new hat, my first thought was: *would this make a nice border for my rug?* I don't know yet, but I ordered the pattern, and I'll rechart it for weaving. Someday soon, Claudia's head might match my floor (and I mean that in the very nicest way).

But this lace is different. I find myself sneaking time away from other things to go knit. Not filling in time with knitting, but stealing time to knit. Who knew?

The scarf is into the red:

lace scarf

The next real decision is how far to knit, before I have to stop and do the edging. I know the final rows take more yarn and time, I just have to figure out how much. I have enough yarn though, I think, for another few rounds of the pattern before I have to stop. We'll see (and you'll be the first to know, imaginary or not).

1 Comments:

Blogger claudia said...

You do not know how excited I would be to have my head match a rug chez H-less.

As for the hat, I am gearing up for round two.

9:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home