Thursday, April 17, 2008

Waiting

Dee's sweater

Patricia has been one of those people who harass me about eagerly await new blog posts. Since she just had a birthday (65! Right here on the Internets!), we'll oblige.

There has been lots of waiting lately, as things I normally do have been put aside. I'm anxiously waiting to get these on the loom:

dye day oct 2007

Cotton warps, dyed last year, for a new jacket for me. Jacket season is almost over, but the current one (pictures to follow, someday, that waiting thing again) has been worn and worn for 14 years. Cold weather will come again, and when it does, I will have a new jacket in bright fall colors.

In the next few days (weeks, months) I plan to catch up on blog posts that have been waiting: things like cute doggies, squirrels in trees, spinning, dyeing and maybe even a little weaving.

I know I have been remiss. Things should get better, since yesterday I boxed up four months of my life and put it in the mail:

book box

Book.

11 Comments:

Blogger Caroline M said...

Do we get to think up our own titles? I'll go for something containing "Color" and/or "Weaving". I suppose it is possible that you are a closet anthropologist but that seems less likely.

Congratulations

8:13 AM  
Blogger Spindlers2 said...

Cute doggies??

Book??

You are such a tease......

8:16 AM  
Blogger Charleen said...

The title sums up my life right now too. I'm waiting for this last class to be over so I can start dyeing and weaving more. I'm also waiting for SOAR applications to go online (despite still waiting to hear if I'm actually allowed to take the time off). Living on the edge, that's me!

Let's hear about the book!

9:33 AM  
Blogger Abby Franquemont said...

Yay it's in the box! Wooo!

*thunderous applause*

10:15 AM  
Blogger claudia said...

Book? Nice.

7:29 PM  
Blogger Marie said...

I want your friend's hair! Do you think she'd mind?
Love the colors of the warp...as usual!

8:53 PM  
Blogger Deanna said...

A book??!!

Let us know where we can pre-order signed copies. :-)

Congratulations!

9:26 AM  
Blogger Cynthia said...

Oh, I have been waiting, waiting, waiting.... hurrah!

8:18 PM  
Blogger DebbieB said...

Oh, how very exciting! Looking forward to it with much anticipation.

2:23 PM  
Blogger Cathy said...

Yea!!

Of course, I'll have to have an autographed copy. :-)

7:24 AM  
Blogger Birdsong said...

Yahoo!! So glad the book will be available soon... sign me up for a copy too. I am waiting to have more personal time too, but it should get better with summer coming....at least I can hope. I will be teaching a beginning lace class at Fibers but done with taking classes and teaching adult ed! I might even make it to a few guild events.

5:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home