Thursday, August 16, 2012

Something's Happening Here

3 fabrics

What it is ain't exactly clear. I recently purchased one of those fabrics, spun and wove two of them. Odd choices of colors for me, eh? Is it age? Are my eyes getting weak? Is it hot summer overload: do I just need respite from heat/color?

Anyway, I do love these soft color fabrics: they are restful and calm. Clue! Perhaps that's a bit of what I needed right now? Interesting (to me at least).

There is the counterpoint though:

spindle green metal flake

Green metal flake spindle! Fun and sparkly (although you will notice the choice of fiber is somewhat grey? I do love fog and cold weather...).

We are at the top of the slide now, just about done with summer:

top of the slide


8 Comments:

Blogger Charleen said...

Certainly not weakness or age -- just looks like you're ready for fall. They are very calming. Exactly what you need before heading down the slide :-)

6:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

They do look calm! Any idea what you might do with them?

And, where did that amazing spindle come from? I like how it looks rim-weighted... and, glitter.

12:02 PM  
Blogger Lynn said...

Is that a Bosworth?!

No, couldn't be. (for several reasons)

As for those fabrics, you do know you can only play with red/gold/purple, right? Everything else is off limits!

12:45 PM  
Blogger Elaine said...

The fabric with lavender threads is beautiful. Is it jacket weight, dress weight, coat weight? How many yards? How many ppi? Do you do all your spinning on a spindle?

4:01 PM  
Blogger Craftygrrrl said...

Who is the maker of that nifty spindle?!

5:22 PM  
Blogger TinkerTots said...

I have to ask, too! Who makes those spindles.. because.. yowza!

8:34 PM  
Blogger Valerie said...

Channeling Buffalo Springfield songs!? That's one of my favorites, and right behind it Rock'n Roll Woman

The colors? I love them. Don't think so much. Remember: "Paranoia strikes deep. Into your mind it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid. Step out of line, the man comes and takes you away...."

The spindle...all I can think of when I see it is half of a yoyo. I am truly feeling back in the 60's.

9:53 AM  
Blogger weavinfool said...

I had time this am to watch your dvd on spinning silk. You did a great job! You should be proud.

You make it look easy. Now I have the confidence to try spinning all those silks and silk blends I have collected over the years. Maybe years from now I will have the grace and ease that you have.

1:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home