Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Yip-eee!

Time. Free time. Unscheduled free time! And projects! Which can be shown on this platform!

I've had two days so far...in which I did this:

Silk warps

Sure, not much yet. Warp chains. But silk warps! Handspun silk, soon to be fabric, yay! For nothing! Yay! Just for fun! Yay! These once were skeins, spun for photos, but the photos have been taken, and the skeins released back into the wild, er, the studio. Now? They will be...something. Something fun and not something where all the details need to be recorded, saved, hidden from general view until publication.

What will they be? A scarf/shawl/something pretty and of many reds :). All future steps in the process will be reported. Here. Radio silence ends now.

Cute grandchildren remain fair game in the photo department:

At the museum
At the Denver museum, Marin does some embroidery...

Jackson rolls
And baby Jackson learns to roll (if given a rounded-enough surface from which to fall roll)!

3 Comments:

Blogger Lynn said...

Yay for the end of radio silence!

3:49 AM  
Blogger Charleen said...

Love the photo of you and Marin at the museum. Isn't it fun to share your interests with the kids? Heading to Long Island on Sunday for lots of grandchildren time!!

8:32 AM  
Blogger TinkerTots said...

Oooohh. Can I run my fingers through those luscious chains? I swear, it just makes me want the VFF for my Lendrum even more and about 20 lbs of unspun silk. That'd keep me busy!

I really love and appreciate the inspiring pictures you post.

8:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home