Monday, March 20, 2006

Courting Insanity?

I've had several (!) spools of Zwickey silk sewing thread for some time, with the intention of using it for cardweaving. Now, sewing thread makes very small bands:

zwickey

In the photo you can see the edge of my shuttle, which looks giant next to the threads (and feels a little out of proportion but, hey, what are you going to do?).

This is twelve cards, (x 4 threads each or 48 threads total). I think I can actually say threads here, not yarn: usually we weave with yarn and sew with thread. I'm weaving with thread, heh.

But think what a nice necklace this will make, with say, some snowflake agate beads?

And speaking of snowflakes:

snow March 20

This is Spring??

5 Comments:

Blogger Baycolonyfarm said...

Wow. Just wow. :)

3:44 PM  
Blogger dragon knitter said...

amazing. have you ever heard of microcrochet? it works along the same lines, lol.

and don't feel bad about snow on the first day of spring. we're slated to get up to 14" when it's all said & done by tomorrow am (i'm in omaha)

5:48 PM  
Blogger Sue said...

I crochet with sewing thread sometimes, and I like the results you get from working with really fine threads. For me, it's very satisfying. Nice job on the band.

9:38 PM  
Blogger claudia said...

This post is just chock full with insanity.

No snow here!

6:44 AM  
Blogger Charleen said...

Very cool. It reminds me of an elongated kaleidoscope - lots of motion.

1:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home