Friday, August 18, 2006

A Good Day Shopping

Some days, everything just falls into place:

suitcase

What's this? A big old hard-sided suitcase, which if really full, I probably could not lift. But I was looking for just this, and tra-la, I found it, in red no less. Why? Here's the inside (looks almost brand new, unused):

suitcase inside

And here's the inside:

suitcase lendrum

after I put my Lendrum wheel in it. I occassionally want to travel with the wheel, and I'm not willing to fight with carry on rules or the people who enforce them. So I wanted a big hard-sided suitcase for the wheel. There is room enough to pack fiber, yarn, clothes, whatever, around it. Yay!

And it has wheels:

suitcase wheels

And a handle:

suitcase handle

so I can drag it along, not carry it. The almost best thing:

suitcase tag

The price tag. $7, from the hospice thrift shop. No keys, to be sure, but we can't lock anything anyway. Woot!

To add to my joy, the LYS is just down the street so I also managed a visit to yarn-and-pattern-land. And, the V'tae warehouse, local body products manufacturer, also just down the street, was having a half-off warehouse sale, so I stocked up on hand lotions, lip balm, and body mist. Anyone local? V'tae is moving to a larger place, and the warehouse sale goes on. Go by! (or should I say go buy?)

7 Comments:

Blogger Charleen said...

Great find! I finally got rid of mine because the insides were trashed. Of course, I did get them for my high school graduation and used them pretty hard.

3:38 PM  
Blogger Sharon said...

So are you gloating or rubbing it in? - not sure but certainly jealous. Color me green~

4:30 PM  
Blogger Sydney Harper said...

Great idea! I used to have some red Tourister hard-sided luggage (without the wheels). The stuff was like a tank. I finally got rid of it after many years. It didn't look like new but it was still very usable.

9:47 AM  
Blogger Wendy said...

Wow, what a find!

12:46 PM  
Blogger Leigh said...

Great find, great idea. Empty suitcases at my house usually end up with a cat in them :)

7:40 PM  
Blogger cindy said...

That suitcase is ingenious! I've gotta remember that for traveling.

8:59 AM  
Blogger Maryann said...

Very nice! Congrats on the great find!

6:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home