Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Wrap Up

Quick pix, perhaps only of interest to me, but as an end to all the wedding preparations:

rehearsal setup6

The Mountain Room at the Sky Hotel, Aspen, the rehearsal dinner site. You can see the rustic and contemporary blend in the decor. Here is the mantel:

rehearsal setup8

We had a last minute flower glitch: the flowers I ordered, and paid for, were *not available*. I wanted all spider mums, to work with the chrome wall sconces, but the supplier filled out the order with some other white flowers. It might actually look better than it would have with all mums, and, frankly, by Friday afternoon, I just wanted flowers.

The next day:

wedding11

My brother took this shot with his cell phone during the ceremony. You can see the swirling clouds, breaking occasionally for the mountain views at 11,000 feet. I haven't seen the photos from the wedding yet, and I'm sure the photographer was able to catch the fabulous setting. The really good news? We are all dry, the wedding site was dry, and a very comfortable temperature.

And here's the happy couple:

wedding9

Too much fun, too sweet, it was all a bit overwhelming, with lots of fond memories. I wish them a long and happy marriage.

4 Comments:

Blogger claudia said...

That may be the best cell phone pic I've ever seen. Your cute boy really looks to me like his mama.

I'd say you are done raising him at this point. Nice job!

12:40 PM  
Blogger Baycolonyfarm said...

Many happy wishes to the groom and his bride!

Everything looks like it was wonderful. :)

4:55 PM  
Blogger Marie said...

I could swim in those dimples. Everyone is right, he has your smile. A beautiful couple.

8:50 PM  
Blogger vanessa said...

lovely photos! best wishes for a long and happy marriage :-)

5:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home