Thursday, November 01, 2007

A Certain Order

Things are still topsy-turvy around here: boxes have arrived, as yet unpacked. There was a spinning and weaving demo Saturday at the Farmer's Market (with surprisingly good feedback; surprising in that it's a farmer's market, not a craft show, yet much selling of yarn, fiber and finished goods occurred). A dye day for the guild happened Sunday, which involved a day of setting up, and a day of dyeing, then another day of breaking down. Pictures are being gathered.

In short: I'm not home much, not much is getting accomplished here, and yet busy-ness is happening. Yesterday, amid all the disorder, I threw up my hands and went to the studio.

air band2

Despite the chaos, or perhaps because of it, I spent the day weaving this band.

Traveling always gives me ideas, which I write down as I go. Once I get home, I sift through the pages, and start to work. The first to be done are the compelling ideas, the let's see if this will work ideas. This little band (5/8" wide, 90" long) is part of a larger project, but it is beautiful in itself, shiny and drapey.

It's good to be back, good to be home, good to be working again. Now, inspired and refreshed, I need to clear the path, clean up the mess, and unpack and put away all the detritus from the road trip.

3 Comments:

Blogger Purple Fuzzy Mittens said...

Very pretty band! Especially against the tomato background. It makes me long to drop everything and run home and warp up an inkle loom.:-)

10:16 AM  
Blogger judy said...

There's no place like home. Good to have you back.

6:45 AM  
Blogger DEEP END OF THE LOOM said...

I love the band, what type of yarn did you use, the color is gorgeous.

6:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home