Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Little Things

Small pleasures:

daffys2

knitting2 march 08

Colors I thought were *Fall* turn out to be *Spring*. Who knew?

Sand Hill Cranes have been flying North. The Canada Geese passed over about a month ago, amidst snowstorms (perhaps snow still says *Spring* to Canadians?).

The sun is now a more regular visitor. I have no illusions that the rains, and perhaps more snows, are behind us, but I am enjoying this respite. There is much budding and blossoming at lower elevations, but we are just beginning to see green here.

For you color police: see? There is green in my knitting. And Canadians? I'm sorry, you are just such an easy target (being so polite, and all).

8 Comments:

Blogger claudia said...

Lovely color here today.

12:11 PM  
Blogger Abby Franquemont said...

Augh, no daffodils here yet. I hope they haven't drowned. I'm jealous.

12:19 PM  
Blogger judy said...

No small pleasure.. that daff would be a grand pleasure here!

5:55 PM  
Blogger Alwen said...

We have daffs up, if by "up" you mean half an inch of leaf has bravely come up through the frozen ground.

7:04 AM  
Blogger Jackie said...

There is almost 4 feet of snow on my poor frozen daffodils. It's cold work being Canadian, eh?

11:23 AM  
Blogger Louisa said...

Not in MY part of Canada! There's more than daffodils blooming now, including early cherry blossoms, forsythia, flowering currant and even a whole field of dandelions. Oops. I'm not supposed to say or everyone will want to move here...

5:38 PM  
Blogger Charleen said...

I love those early signs of spring. Even happier to see a touch of green in your knitting :-) It's rather dull here, with only an inch or two of leaves popping up - but it's my spring break, so it's all good!

6:03 AM  
Blogger denny said...

Hello everyone, I just dropped by to say that it's still snowing here in Toronto today. Not to be a downer or anything. It's nice to see real flowers and pretty colours. Thank Sara. From a really polite Candaian.
(hee hee)

10:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home