Friday, October 03, 2008

Tagged

nametag small

Conference nametags can be annoyingly generic to a dedicated fiber fanatic. I'll carry mine with me now, (that is if I don't a)forget it and b)lose it, which I have already done once, sheesh).

Sometimes, people do go out of their way to make them more personal:

nametags small

In betweeen conferences these hang in my studio where, should I ever forget my name, I merely have to glance over.

These are hurried days: packing and shipping, finishing, counting, washing, putting away, backing up: all the myriad details of leaving. Plus I'll miss all the excitement:

foundation small

Concrete pours next week. Then walls and a roof. Then winter may come.

Will write soon :).

6 Comments:

Blogger claudia said...

I really did laugh out loud when I scrolled down to the cut pile nametag.

That is just so....Sara (in a good way).

Whatcha buildin'?

10:01 AM  
Blogger Daddy said...

How beautiful! How big is that? I can't really tell scale from the photo.

I've got my big bag-tag thing, and I'm working on a smaller one with a magnet back so I don't go dragging it through things like dyes. I've got the weaving, but it's just a TINY bit smaller than the support I have to make it up with, so I'm improvising with sewing on some matching silk fabric.

I'm getting so excited about SOAR! I got my big chest full of equipment shipped out this morning, so it'll be there before me. Yaaay!

12:17 PM  
Blogger Marcy said...

Ha! That is SO you! You won't even need to be in the room with it--people will know which Sara it belongs to. Lovely!

5:15 PM  
Blogger Marie said...

Watcha buildin'?

7:07 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

me 3 - what ya build'in sara?

4:47 PM  
Blogger Sharon said...

That's a bit of a cliff hanger if I do say so myself. Concrete, walls, roof????

7:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home