Monday, October 19, 2009

Breathless

shawl pic1

A quick post, a place holder really, but one with a photo!

It's a mad rush to get everything finished, printed, packed and ready for this weekend: SOAR looms (heh).

This little shawl, scarf really, is cobbled together patterns from instructions in this book, yarn from Yarn Chef, see this post.

The cobbling together is interesting to think about, not so much to look at (save for the pretty colors in the yarn) and not very hard to do. I vote for more complex patterns than these in my future, though, like some of the others from author Evelyn Clark, or those from Dorothy Seimens of Fiddlesticks or Anne Hanson of Knitspot, both of whom I want to be when I grow up.

If I were a knitter, of course.

Later. Samples await. Handouts to print, laundry to do. You get the picture (literally :).

4 Comments:

Blogger Delighted Hands said...

This is a beautiful marriage of yarn and pattern! Wow. Well done.

10:28 AM  
Blogger Deanna said...

Thank you for including the photo - loveliness to behold.

Have a marvelous time at SOAR! I envy you lucky folks - someday I hope to make it there. :-)

Hugs!

7:58 AM  
Blogger amyfibre said...

That's a very Sara shawl. I've knit two of Anne Hanson's bigger shawls this year and find her complex patterns very detailed and therefore easy.

See you soon!! Very excited!!! (can you tell??)

9:43 AM  
Blogger ElaineB said...

*sniff*
*kicks dirt with toe*

Awwwwwww, you're going to SOAR without me. Well, if you're going to take all your stuff and and hang out with all your little SOAR friends...

... I hope you have a wonderful time! Tell everyone I said hello, and perhaps next year I can find a way to make it myself.

10:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home