Thursday, October 22, 2009

Last Gasp

There is still much to do,but now I am up to the *packing clothing* part of the process.

Odd, how I leave the clothing for last. I make clothing. You'd think it would be the first thing I fuss over and pack. But no, it is the class supplies, samples, handouts and tools that get the most attention. I know my life will go smoothly if I have everything I need. I can look like the wrath of dog, but people need to be happy with their class.

So, to a few last things:
auction box

This is a box of reeled silk and cotton yarns, a copy of my book, and a few tools. It is a donation to the auction at SOAR, all of the yarns and tools one would need to make the bag on the cover.

It took a bit of wrangling to get all that reeled silk yarn into a form that I could transport, and that someone else can unwind safely. Yikes! reeled silk is slippy. Spun silk, which I am more familiar with, is less of a struggle. But reeled silk has that glow, that shine.....

And this week, of all the weeks, came my shipment of books:
books ready to sign

If you have ordered a signed book from me, it is in the mail today:
boxes ready to ship

There is still time to order, until the end of November. Retail stores are starting to get their shipments, and we all know the need to support our local yarn and books shops! Terms are the same as in this post, $24.95 and free shipping in the US. Foreign shipping fees are listed in the above referenced post. Here is the Paypal link again:

Paypal:







I'll try to post photos of SOAR again this year: I won't guarantee every day, but some days there will be more than one. Until then, I am off on a road trip!

Bing! The washer's done. Into the dryer, into the suitcase, and out the door.

6 Comments:

Blogger LauraJ said...

YAY!! I was wanting it yesterday (srsly, I was in Borders looking and thinking 'SaraLamb'sbook wd be nice about right now.....')

And so many congratulations about having it out in time for the big Winter Retail Fests!

9:03 AM  
Blogger Caroline M said...

I'll start being excited now. Pity we have a postal strike at this end but I'm not worrying about that.

I tried knitting with reeled silk once. I'd lost patience with it by the time I'd wrestled it into some sort of a ball and stuffed it into a sock to keep it under control. It then proceeded to throw itself off the needles and sprint down to the cast on. I gave it away to a weaver so it shows I do have some sense. I wish I'd kept it now.

9:58 AM  
Blogger amyfibre said...

your packing comments make me laugh! First priority for me is travel knitting/spinning, then supplies, etc., for classes, then other entertainment (iPod, audio books, etc.)...and then, and only then, clothes. I haven't even started doing laundry yet! See you soon.....and can't wait to see your book!

11:45 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

It's great to see the instructor side of things too! I'm really looking forward to taking your workshop, especially after having followed your blog for a while... and, thankfully, have a little more time in which to pack. ;)

12:58 PM  
Blogger Delighted Hands said...

Congrats on the book/workshop. I pack the important stuff first, too! Your book is on my Christmas list-I think I will ask for a signed copy!

6:59 AM  
Blogger Mary said...

I ordered your book and can't wait to read it! I'm glad to find more on rigid heddle weaving and can't wait to try out some of the projects!

6:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home