Thursday, March 03, 2005

Square One

I woke up this morning knowing I did not want to compromise on the cashmere warp. This scarf has no deadline and is not needed immediately, thus there is no need to use a weft I did not think was up to the quality of the warp. So, before I could change my mind, and yes, in the early morning, before the studio heat was even on, I un-wove the 36" I wove yesterday.

square one

My fingers, toes and nose recovered from the cold by the fire as I spun some angora, from Helen, for the weft. I'll dye it dark red, and it will accentuate, not diminish, the soft warmth of the cashmere.

And for Sylvia, another picture of the mitten, this time with hand:

hand

I wouldn't go much higher than this on the fingers: the palm side starts to curl over, and feels *in the way*. (By the way, that is not my hand. It belongs to some old lady who was wandering by, and who agreed to be a hand model. I paid her in chocolate.)

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Nice!!! It's so cold here in New york City...keep up the excellent work!!

12:04 PM  
Blogger beadlizard said...

Thank you! I've been making them so they just cover the big knuckles and working the last dozen rounds in k1p1 with some decreasing 6r from the bind off. But, then, I'm making them for grocery clerks and teens, for practical use as opposed to your artwear. How many picks per inch was that span you un-wove?!

12:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home