Friday, January 26, 2007

Whoops!

I've been updating my website, which I do every January (or rather, webmaster Vicky does every January, Hi Vicky!). Anyway, we change the upcoming classes and shows, add to the resume, re-work the class offerings, and add photos of the work I've done over the year.

Whoops.

Usually I am surprised at how much I have done in a year. But this year? Not so much. Not so much, that is, in the weaving department. I've done a lot of knitting, mostly shawls, and there was wedding weaving for my son and his wife, but the only *real* weaving I did was for a show last June.

Humph. 3 new pieces.

Well. We will remedy that. We headed down to the studio and started this:

silk pickup band

A silk pickup band. I forgot the dime, but this is about as wide as an American quarter, or perhaps a British 50p piece? :) It may become a small bag, it may remain a ribbon. It certainly will show up next year on the website update: I'm keeping a list.

I also started a really-really-fabulous knotted pile bag (everything is fabulous at the beginning. It's only later that they become unfabulous). Pictures to come, right now it looks like this . Eh.

So the (finally) New Years' Resolution? More Weaving.

5 Comments:

Blogger Marie said...

I just love the shimmer of the silk and the contrast of the colors.

8:31 AM  
Blogger Charleen said...

26 days until a New Year's resolution, huh? I like your style!

8:56 AM  
Blogger Lorraine said...

How do you warp your inkle loom for a pick-up band like that? I'm just starting, and I've read directions for it, but they seem confusing.

3:52 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

You did 3 more pieces then I did Sara!

I need to work less or stay up later or ?

Considering the weaving program they have here at the J.C. I should be shamed in not taking advantage of it.

1:03 PM  
Blogger Birdsong said...

Lovely, shimmery silk! Not that knitting shawls is a bad thing...

2:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home