Monday, November 19, 2007

Dye Candy

eileen's wool

I know I'm cheating here: these are not mine. Eileen spun and dyed this wool for a sweater. She has more spinning and dyeing to go (this is about a pound and a half of sport weight), but these were just too pretty not to share. These are from our recent dye day, she is now spinning more for the next dye day. Dye days always come around eventually.

Eileen is a spinning fool these days, and has been since our retreat at St. Mary's Art Center last June. I don't know what set her off, but she's afire. Isn't it just too fun when that happens, and we obsessively knit/spin/dye/weave until the moment passes? It's also fun to watch, as Eileen spins and spins and spins.

Me? Well things are happening here, but they are not blog-worthy. I will be depending on my friends for a while, especially to keep Patricia happy and off my case. Patricia is a fearsome sight when provoked :).

5 Comments:

Blogger Patricia said...

I'm delighted at you're effort to keep me unprovoked. Keep those postings coming and you'll be able to sleep with both eyes closed. And, happy Thanksgiving too. See you after we're stuffed with turkey.

Patricia

12:09 PM  
Blogger Marie said...

There you are! I was concerned. I hope you resolve the "whatever" quickly. Like NOW!!!! I'll light a candle and wave some knitting sticks, snort, for you. Be well and Happy Thanksgiving.
PS Wonderful colors

2:12 PM  
Blogger Deanna said...

Thank you for the d'eye candy. Yumm!! Luscious colors. Best Wishes for a Happy fiber-logged Thanksgiving!

2:38 PM  
Blogger marchwind said...

Absolutely beautiful! So rich! Thank you for sharing your friends work.

Susan in the cold Northwoods of Minnesota

5:40 PM  
Blogger Birdsong said...

What rich colors! I am eager to see what she makes from these, and wish I could catch the fire AND find the time to be highly productive with both spinning AND knitting at the same time... Happy Thanksgiving.

7:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home