Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Encore

red silk yarn 2

Thank you for all your concern, best wishes and comments on the sad state of my red silk yarn yesterday.

As you can see, it has recovered, and I can't believe I put that beautiful silk yarn on that funky TP core and then posted it on the internets for all the world to see, yikes.

Friend Lindsey has taught me that working with fiber is working with fiber, and untangling is a part of working with fiber. I have that Virgo streak too, which will (mostly) not be defeated in the untangling of yarn. It was surprisingly easy, there were four ties after all, and they did their job (sort of).

Thanks for all your offers of help, and no, no laundry was pinked-up in the process, the dye held very well. The yarn is slightly the worse for wear:

red silk yarn 3

a little fuzzy in places, but will suffice.

And such pretty yarn deserves a little encore, eh? despite the core, (groan here).

6 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Congratulations on a good rescue. Having done that many a time, I know what an effort you put in. It's a beautiful color!

9:15 AM  
Blogger Deanna said...

Who can see the core when gazing at that gorgeous ball of silk yarn?

Congratulations!

10:59 AM  
Blogger Bonnie said...

I have a lot of Virgo in me, so I don't believe in knots,as long as you approach with no fear. As soon as the yarn senses fear, you are lost:)

11:05 AM  
Blogger Purple Fuzzy Mittens said...

I find untangling yarn sort of therapeutic and meditative. Bummer if you are in a hurry, though.

11:22 AM  
Blogger Sharon said...

Lesson learned - lesson shared. Glad it was your's, not mine. I seem to plenty of my own, thank you very much.

10:13 PM  
Blogger marchwind said...

I didnt even notice the TP core until you mentioned it, LOL!!!! That really is beatiful yarn. Congratulations on a sucessful rescue.

5:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home