Sunday, January 16, 2011

Hats and Cats

Well, OK, one hat and one cat:
Sophie and red hat

This was the pluperfect travel project: easy to knit, 1 x 1 rib for much of it and then stockinette for the rest, both of which would have been boring boring boring without distraction, conversation and...babies!

Christmas 2010 203

Well, OK, again: one baby :) (We're going with she will grow into it!).

The hat is a dubbelmossa again, using yarn from Jenna's fiber CSA and some handspun (here), here it is in it's unblocked state showing the ribbing:

spinning, hat and cat 010

I know! It looks very weird (we will not discuss what it looks like.....)! but it folds up nicely and the ribbing helps it to fit closely:

spinning, hat and cat 011

I suppose I should block the thing, but I've just been wearing it as is....

What of all the projects to be finished? Not yet. I've been running yarn bundles:

spinning, hat and cat 012

Bags and bags of them, for sample dyeing. Book One of the Dye Sample Book is back in production, and I head for Wisconsin for a working holiday this week. Plus?

spinning, hat and cat 005

I have been spinning.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Carol said...

Thank you! More cat photos whenever you like - well, you know me!

9:32 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Gammie- kind of makes her look like a cone head! Good color for the bebe tho.

I have been spinning too. My best woman friend got her first loom, a Harp. So I have been busy spinning up some roving from my endless stash for her to use as she becomes a weaver. Such fun!

11:59 AM  
Blogger Charleen said...

She's adorable in the big hat! Why block, it keeps you warm and looks good to boot! And, honestly, blocking would just make you question what it really looked like ;-)

12:03 PM  
Blogger Sara said...

Great hat! Cute cat! Adorable baby! I want to try one of those hats that fold in. Also, baby heads are so hard to size! I've yet to make a baby hat that fits perfectly.

8:40 AM  
Anonymous Janzo said...

I am surprised you let pass the opportunity to put the Cat IN the Hat! ;o)

5:01 PM  
Blogger Adriana said...

Adorable grandbaby! She looks goodin the hat but it reminds me of the P_ _IS hat you brought on the alaska cruise!

11:47 AM  
Blogger Susan Prince said...

Agree w/above ... cute all around!

Re. unblocked hat, it looks like ... the sole of a shoe; a paramecium; a Schmoo. What would a psychiatrist say about Sara's Rorschach-test hat?

11:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home