Sunday, September 25, 2011

Moving On

Heading into a busy month: New Hampshire, Detroit, Dana Point....Pack bags, fly away, come home, wash clothes, pack bags fly away, lather, rinse, repeat. Travel knitting has been sorted:
shawl yarn

I'm so looking forward to a glimpse of colorful fall in New Hampshire next week! Fall is here, too, the air smells moist and leaves are starting to drift down. Acorns have been heaving themselves at the yurt roof, which causes a small heart palpitation each time they hit (so unexpected!). We passed acres of pumpkins on our foray over to the coast, and grapes(!): the world will soon have lots more wine...

Detroit (actually Howell) Michigan is next up, where the lovely Beth will take good care me, and where we will talk late into the night like the teenagers we are not, while dandling her tiny new grand-daughter: baby fix!I'll have spinning with me too:

spindles2

Then it's off to Southern California for SpinMore, a new venture in a great location. Fingers crossed that all goes well with this small gathering: five teachers, great people all, so it promises to be an amazing time.

Unfortunately, none of this travel puts me in the vicinity of this little pumpkin very soon:
Marin b-day3
But at least I am kept too busy to fret!

3 Comments:

Blogger Delighted Hands said...

Beautiful job on the yarn-happy travels!

6:49 AM  
Blogger Freyalyn said...

Do you know, at this time of year I could almost knit in those colours too. Have fabulous time, don't work too hard, and give Pete and Carol a hug to bring back for me.

9:49 AM  
Blogger LauraJ said...

I... I won't be at SOAR. Which is just as well, because I have beyond too much wool, and not enough money, but I would have tried very hard to see you (and perhaps learned and been inspired which would have helped to deal with the wool) But it's the Octoberfest weekend (five days) and I have to go dig holes in the North country.

We will meet again, I hope. And I hope you have better weather than we have now.

10:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home