Thursday, June 08, 2006

Drive By Post

I'm on my way out the door to the photo shop: I will make sure the slides of these pieces are OK before I send the work off tomorrow. But a quick peek:

three hats

The hats. You were all very sharp in picking out the hangers, and knowing they were for some sort of choice-related piece. Marie: no, they are not swans, but hey, all art is open to interpretation, right? The other hat says Dona Nobis Pacem. Both of these wool hats have a sort of *bishop's miter* look to them, a happy (and perhaps appropriate) accident.

Two of the bags:

two bags

I don't expect the gallery to display these together (neither the hats, I would think silk with silk, and wool with wool), but I won't be there to see. These shots are set-up photos, so they can see how the stands work/go together, and so I can label each piece.

My favorite:

quiver4

the knitting quiver. A few months ago, there was much discussion about the colors in the band: will they match/coordinate with the bag? I think they do, but then I may be overtired, and tired of looking at these things:

quiver back2

The quiver is the perfect size for a knitting project, and the handle is attached so that the bag hangs nicely, sort of like those *back-saver* bags.

I will not be there to see the show at Convergence. If you are going, check out the Grand Gallery, in the lobby of the Amway Grand Hotel. And please send me a review!

4 Comments:

Blogger Hannah said...

These are fantastic! I especially love the quiver.

12:48 PM  
Blogger beadlizard said...

The band is *so* there. Excellent! Definitely worth the fuss.

Love the hat medium.

The blue/white maze looks upside down to me, but then my eyes are wonky lately so that probably means you have it just right. --syl

11:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Recently latched on to your blog via weaver ring...am weaving newbie...really like 'ethnic' quality to quiver..especially the overall shape that's appealing. Your own design? Do you have other photos of it from various angles? Apologise for barrage of questions, but being a knitter, the quiver struck the mark for me!

3:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Was too quick in posting comment...
Also appreciate your tutorials...very helpful!
www.asimpleyarn.blogspot.com

3:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home