Tuesday, March 09, 2010

A Perfect Marriage

Still winter:
yurt winter morning

Still spinning:
hound design spindles

A perfect marriage of fiber and spindle: Hound Design laceweight spindles, both Paduak, from Acme Fibres (love the name, it reminds me of Roadrunner cartoons, as does their logo), and pygora/tussah fiber in Copper Canyon from Rainbow Yarns NW, which I bought from Terry at SOAR 2009.

pygora

This is about 80 yards of laceweight yarn, less than an ounce spun up so far (I have 7 more ounces, I have lots of spinning to do!). The colors of the fiber and spindles just make me sing. That is, after all, what this is all about isn't it?

7 Comments:

Blogger Freyalyn said...

I'd sing too, it's lovely (and not even green!). The photo looks as if I ought to be able to reach in and touch it.

12:01 AM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

That is seriously beautiful fiber. Do you have plans for the yarn when it's done?

4:59 AM  
Blogger cockeyed said...

so lovely! can't wait to see the rest!

7:17 AM  
Blogger Amy Kuhlmann said...

Two spindles for ease of plying. Clever girl!

7:53 AM  
Blogger Sharon said...

Amy and I spent two hours last Saturday with a local wood turner, also a friend. He was engaged by my spindles, so we took Amy's massive collection to his woodshop and are awaiting the outcome.

8:31 PM  
Blogger SpindleMonkey said...

Do you know how happy I am that the spindles finally got to you? All is good and right in my world now ;)

5:49 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Love love love your red yurt and what it means ... for all who struggle to find oneself. Thanks for the continued inspiration.

12:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home