Wednesday, February 09, 2011

Fruit Salad

wool fabric (roving) 004

Been weaving. Handspun wool, from Reflection Farms, purchased at SOAR 2009 in Bend Oregon. Spun on a Lendrum Saxony, plied on the SpinTech. I call it Fruit Salad because there are plums, strawberries, mangoes, blood oranges and blueberries in there! Yummy :).

The fabric was sett at 15 epi, and is about 4 yards long, x 20 inches wide, on the loom. This is finished, and off the loom actually, but not washed yet. I'm too busy getting the next warp on.

More to come!
Meanwhile:
IMG00349-20110202-1216

Somebody has been visiting Hawaii, where, if they don't let you eat fruit salad, you might as well eat your hat.

4 Comments:

Blogger Charlene said...

I've always maintained that food colours are a good place to start, but apparently I don't want fruit quite so much: I tend to eggplant, olive, mustard, pumpkin - still tasty but not a Sara-palette!

I wouldn't have thought hats quite that delicious (to judge by her expression), but then again, I'm not in Hawaii. Perhaps that makes a difference.

Today's Word Verification: inscl: (verb) to swallow one's words in an entomological discussion.

8:05 AM  
Blogger Alyclepal said...

Thank you for putting up the sett, size, etc. As a newer weaver I really love seeing this info with the pictures which helps give me an idea of things to try next:>. Is your yarn two ply or singles? Curious, how many oz did you end up spinning for this project? I'm in the middle of spinning for a wool shawl but a bit unsure how much to spin. Thanks!

11:46 AM  
Blogger Charleen said...

Such sweet baby eyes!

I absolutely LOVE weaving with wool. It doesn't have the glow of silk but it has a depth and richness. Beautiful colors too, of course! Is this fabric or a shawl/scarf?

8:00 AM  
Blogger Ercil said...

I love love love the photos of your grandlove. :) She is fabulous! And she looks so good in all those colors! :) So happy for you!
Ercil

12:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home