Friday, March 18, 2011

Weaving Window Screen

Sometimes you just have to have faith that what you are doing will turn out all right:
mohair fabric 006

Or, in this case (drumroll please) sample! This is ready to cut off and wash: before I go any further I will see how the yarns/sett/weft behave. It is quite window-screen-ish at this point: see through and wiry (it's mohair). But we'll see how the sampling goes, and if nothing else, I make very colorful window screening....

Thank you! to everyone who has been so supportive of my Etsy shop. Who knew samples of fabrics and a few bags would find homes so quickly?! I appreciate everyone's support and comments, and can't wait to see what you make out of the fabrics: I'd love photos if and when.

It's snowing again here today, wet and sloppy snow, after some hard winds and rain earlier. I don't know how long the power will last at this rate so I will quickly close with:
marin sits up!

A cute little girl I know has just learned to sit up!

2 Comments:

Blogger Birdsong said...

Yay, grandma! I hope you didn't lose power and were able to keep on working... this has been a far more wintry winter than most.

11:36 AM  
Anonymous Sandra Ludwig said...

That is a gorgeous shade of reddish-orange on the mohair fabric you are making. A friend once gifted me with a scarf made with mohair fabric. I loved it! Mohair fabric would definitely make a good base material for making window screens.

7:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home