Sunday, August 14, 2011

Skye Now

Still in Scotland, and it's still sunny:
edinburgh2 to Skye
This was somewhere on the road from Inverness on the way to Skye. It's Loch Something, and Sarah will remember Loch what when I ask her and I'll try to remember to tell you!

We have had a great time at Summer School. Lots of weaving, some spinning and we saw others dyeing and making baskets, doing a photo course, more spinning, and weaving weaving weaving. People were busy: what luxury to have classes for 5 days, really 6 because we shopped a bit on Saturday and then went right back to work. They got Lots! done:

edinburgh2 030

edinburgh2 017

edinburgh2 018

edinburgh2 016

We used lots of different looms, and everyone got plenty done, enough for me to be confident they know the technique. Luxury, that 5 days of class. Some even finished:

edinburgh2 023

And........ there were sheep!
edinburgh2 053

More to come: the sun just disappeared and I hear rain....but it's what we expect here yes? :D!




4 Comments:

Blogger Charleen said...

What a beautiful vista! I'd love to visit Scotland. I've been eying up Summer School since it seems like I'll be working forever and won't be making it to SOAR for a few more years.

9:43 AM  
Blogger Lab Cat said...

I love Skye. It is one my favorite places.

The weaving is great too.

1:26 PM  
Blogger woolydaisy said...

breathtaking!!!! i'm listening to the outlander on CD. Claire is back in the 1700's. she's near inverness- and she mentions Loch what-cha-ma-call-it- i bet it's the same one!!!! how excitng! any sign of jamie anywhere?

love the weavings:)

7:15 PM  
Blogger sarah said...

It's Loch A Chroisg, seen from the A832 near Achnasheen.

9:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home