Wednesday, May 25, 2011

The Aftermath

spindle camp 1
Two pop ups and the screen room set up the morning of camp! day! one!, ready for the onslaught of spinners to arrive (we were 23 or 24 at final count).

spindle camp 7
We drift in, set up our space, and are apparently off eating something somewhere.

spindle camp 4

spindle camp 3
But we eventually drift back, and settle in to serious spinning. This is Lindsey, me, Eva and BJ, photo by Susan (all photos by Susan) used totally without their permission (except for Susan, I asked her), so you may see my name on the docket soon.

It's super serious business here:
spindle camp 6
No fun was had, we were working! all the time! (snort).

Tableau:
spindle camp 11
Name tags, potato snacks, wine and marshmallow roasting equipment.

We spun, had potluck dinners two nights running and a dinner at the camp restaurant the third night (no one had to cook!). We had shared lunches, much wine and coffee, chocolate and chips (requisite camp food) and a glorious expanse of time to spin, knit, chat, have a fashion show, pass out door prizes, and spin some more. We stayed up late and got up early (bacon!) and do you think I am focused enough on the food???

We had the requisite camp visitor:
spindle camp 9
spindle camp 10

spindle camp 8
Then the sun set on Spindle Camp II. Watch for Spindle Camp III! This space, next year :D!

12 Comments:

Blogger Freyalyn said...

That looks like such fun! I'm green over here, and not in my normal way.

11:35 AM  
Blogger Lynn said...

I wanna go to Spindle Camp!!!!

12:31 PM  
Blogger LORI LAWSON said...

I am so envious. Spinning out of doors in the trees. I wanna go, I wanna go!!

1:20 PM  
Blogger blopeep said...

How do I get an invite? Looks like you had a fantastic time. I'm totally jealous.

1:24 PM  
Blogger Charlene said...

So tell us about the food. The whole thing sounds just horrible, no fun at all and starvation to boot!

Word Verification: thoulte - n., the noise made when you try to shout with a mouthful of s'mores

5:35 PM  
Blogger Valerie said...

I'm jealous. Sharon's posts have been wonderful too.

Love the shot of the empty chairs and wheels set up....that picture creates a lot of other mental pictures.

10:45 AM  
Blogger Sharon said...

Life is good. It's nice to take time to savor it. And eat. And tell Sven and Ole jokes.

9:16 PM  
Blogger Donna S. said...

Looks like so much fun!!! A great idea.

4:44 PM  
Blogger Birdsong said...

What a lovely event, indeed! I am hoping to be able to block out the entire weekend next year.

3:51 PM  
Blogger ChelleC said...

That looks amazingly fun!!

10:59 AM  
Anonymous Keri said...

Looks like a wonderful time! I'm craving a crafting outing like this...So fun!

1:29 PM  
Anonymous Janzo said...

We didn't have S'mores: we roasted Peeps. The sugar coating gets REALLY hot!

9:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home