Saturday, April 09, 2011

Focus

So far this week:
spindle yarn april

Four skeins, and # 5 on the spindles. I think there will be 6, or at least 5 and some, for a (guesstimate) total yardage of 550 to 600. I have been looking at patterns, but with each new spindle-full the options are greater, so I will wait until I am done with this fiber before I buckle down and really search. I've also got one more braid at home, not of these colors, but of a purple that would certainly go with, so I am not above looking at patterns where two colors might work.

Yarn Management:

noste to spindle
Spindles to nostepinne, together, into one plying ball, then from noste to plying spindle. Easy, direct, no transfer of yarn from the noste means there is no need for fancy storage babbins, winders, tubes or containers.

Then: plying spindle to niddy noddy:
spindle to niddy
The noste becomes the central post, and two arms are added to make this a very useful travel tool: Niddy-pinny from The Bellwhether.

It's been easy to spin, in fact I brought knitting and that has seen very little action. I can spin and sit with a certain someone, and occasionally the spindle fascinates just enough to prevent an outbreak....

I do have to put it down for meals though:

Marin sweet potatoes

Or I might end up with Sweet Potato yarns!

5 Comments:

Blogger Joe Madl said...

oooooh! makes me wanna get out the fibers and spin again....

what a clever noste/noddy, too!!

3:07 PM  
Anonymous Carol said...

Aha! Those usefeul bits of stick.........

7:01 AM  
Blogger Charlene said...

I have a question: Is there an asymptotic limit to cuteness? I mean, will she ever stop getting cuter? Or run out of cuteness? So far, infinity is looking like a real possibility.

Oh and yeah, I like the yarn too.

And I'll see you in October (though not in the classroom. Too weavy for me - you know it's not personal!)

Tody's Word Verification: debel (noun) Bad guy with speech impediment

8:28 AM  
Blogger Birdsong said...

Lovely mix on the pinkilish (family word) side of red. What a sweet baby face to end the post with, too!

2:11 PM  
Blogger Sharon said...

I'm intrigued by the Turkish spindles since when you finish spinning, you have a center-pull ball and can start plying without further ado. I don't have one but that may change at Black Sheep.

12:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home