Saturday, April 02, 2011

12 Days of Cheating

On Ravelry, someone posted a spinning challenge: spin any project you want, make it a personal challenge, start April 3rd, end April 10th. Post results at the end.

I have a current spinning project, but I am away from my wheel for a time and decided to take up the challenge on spindles. I only brought the one (!) spinning project with me, two braids of dyed fiber:

12 days of spinning fiber

This is a Blue Faced Leicester and silk blend from Abstract Fibers that I bought at The Spinning Loft in January. The yarn will be two ply, for knitting, one of each color.

day 1 spinning2

I'm using two Golding spindles, both weighing .08 ounces, for the singles. Plying is happening on my Hound Design:

hound design

And the first skein, 83 yards, is done! This yarn will be a lace-knit something, a pattern to be determined, but from Anne Hanson's website, because I can't attend the Anne Hanson workshops and retreat that Beth has planned for this Spring, and I am jealous. I will assuage my jealousy with a secret private knit along while the ubiquitous they are at the retreat and I am not. I may even indulge in a few treats like afternoon tea with scones during the week, just so I feel like I am there!

skein#1

See? Cheating. I started on April 1st, and I will continue on past the stop date (unless, gasp!, I run out of fiber....!). Cheating. For 12 days, or thereabouts. Do cheaters never prosper?

Why am I away from home, gleefully cheating away?

marin playing

Was there any doubt? :)!

4 Comments:

Blogger Deanna said...

She gets cuter with every post.

8:07 PM  
Blogger spinningdownunder said...

Spindle spinning is never cheating! And who really needs Rav to get motivated when a lovely bit of fluff does the trick? What lovely colours in those braids! And I love those Goldings!

12:24 AM  
Blogger Charleen said...

What a beautiful smile and such a joyous expression! I bet she loves to watch those gorgeous colors spinning too!

2:54 PM  
Blogger goatldi said...

2 words DAMN CUTE!

7:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home