Thursday, November 17, 2011

Colors

Evening knitting, morphed from travel knitting:
BFL shawl

Some of this has been ripped back, the yarn by itself has enough color, I don't need to add stripes of other yarn. No new photo, but imagine this with only the BFL yarn.

For some reason I love the look of a warped loom:
Fresco shawl

A warm shawl, quickly done (my how swift and easy it is when using commercial yarns!). This is done, and mailed off:
Fresco done

to a friend, in a weaverly attempt to comfort her in loss.

The season is full of the colors I love to use:
November leaves

And the early dark makes for a perfect bedtime-story season too:
Marin storytime

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow, those are my absolute favorite colors! great taste! is the woven shawl wool? lovely lovely lovely!

10:03 AM  
Blogger Valerie said...

What a beautiful shawl!! Shawls are the perfect comfort gift. Is this the same yak and silk yarn used in the piece shown at our workshop?

I love the look of a warped loom too.

I too have some orange in my next painted warp.

3:42 PM  
Blogger Freyalyn said...

And still I have not woven my own shawl, but I will. In the meantime I have my own frost and fire shawl from you, and am spinning up the last of the fleece that yours came from. What beautiful Autumn colours!

1:10 AM  
Blogger Charleen said...

Beautiful colors! I love the look of a warped loom. The colors glow and fill you with possibilities. Hopefully mine gets dressed soon :-)
Precious bedtime picture too!

12:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home