Monday, July 25, 2011

New! ... Almost

Can I say the clothing is new if the fabrics were woven a year, and two years ago?

silk shirt vest

The fabric had to age, mellow, ripen. That's it. Sewing is my least favorite of all the skills necessary to accomplish new clothing. Spinning? Love it. Dyeing? Yay! Weaving? Fun! I even like the washing and ironing part of finishing the fabrics.

Sewing? Not so much. Forced by circumstances (need new clothing), I have sewn. I prefer to speak of sewing in the past tense.

But these are done! Now I can wear them for the next 10 or so years, like the rest of my handwovens, until I fell compelled to sew again.

Also not quite new:
marin and grandma
Someone is eleven months old! Where does the time go????

4 Comments:

Blogger blopeep said...

I think they're just my size. I'll be right over! :-)

7:43 AM  
Blogger Bonnie said...

Both beautiful. They are so cute at 11 months.

9:18 AM  
Blogger Charleen said...

Beautiful new threads! You need to give quilting a try. Straight stitching and plenty of ironing :-)

Marin is gorgeous! I hear you - time just keeps speeding along.

6:42 AM  
Blogger goatldi said...

I don't know Sara you tell me. Mine are suddenly 13,12,9 and almost 6. I however are still 29. Which places me most interestingly 4 years younger than my youngest child.

8:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home